PDA

View Full Version : Internet Connection.

Sance
12-06-2004, 08:14 PM
hi again,
ok i got knoppix 2.7 and i booted it from cd, now i need to setup my internet connection and i am not sure how.
i have cable connection with 2 dns servers one ip and a getaway, and ofcourse subnetmask.
so now i need to find where i can fill in this information so that i can connect to internet, because am very new to linux i don't know all this and i need some help.
i have nvidia nforce networking controller, so its build in my motherboard.

one other thing, i have 2 partitions both are ntfs, and i was thinking if it was also possible to save the config file on one of these partitions so i don't have to change my settings every time i boot up, if not possible to save on ntfs how else?

thanks

firebyrd10
12-06-2004, 09:58 PM
2.7!?

That version is ancient.

That lastest is 3.6 (3.7 unoffically)
Try the newer versions. They have better hardware support.

Till then, there should be something called netcardconfig in one of the menus, try the KNOPPIX menu.

Sance
12-06-2004, 10:27 PM
i apologize, it's 3.7, my mistake :lol:
ok i got my internet working but the problem is now that i could enter only one dns addres, and i normaly have 2 dns adresses when in windows tcp/ip settings. i realy need help to save these settings so i don't have to reconfigure everything all the time, and is there anything i can do about the resolution of my screen couse my eyes realy hurt, from the controll panel i wasn't able to change the resolution, it is standaard at 1024x768 75HZ.