PDA

View Full Version : realplayer install

thewalkingman
12-22-2002, 07:10 PM
how?

breetai
12-22-2002, 07:37 PM
Hi,

I mastered my own Knoppix CD. I dropped all of the KOFFICE stuff, I then added 1) realpalyer 2) divx codex 3) galeon

There is a package called realplayer,
which isn't really realplayer but just an installer for realplayer. You
are supposed to go and download a realplayer package,
rp8_linux20_libc6_i386_cs2_rpm, tell the installer where the package is,
and have it installed.

The debian real player installer was in the unstable/net/reaplayer.html, but it is no longer there.

With the deb package and teh rp8_linux20_libc6_i386_cs2_rpm I know you can install on a regular file system, it may or may not work on a live CD.

Try following the docs at http://linux.bryanconsulting.com/stories/storyReader$21

That may work for you.

thewalkingman
12-28-2002, 03:25 AM
I used apt-get with some errors and kpackage with your tips to eventually install it....

I really cant recomend this process..

tuxtom
01-22-2003, 12:36 PM
how?
I got realplayer8 from the netscape plugin site (mozilla - help - about plugins) and installed it according to the README to ~/RealPlayer8 dir.

If you have probs with the soundcard (running soundserver in kde), just start realplayer with:
artsdsp ~/RealPlayer8/realplay
But it works only standalone, not as mozilla plugin.

tom

cwolf
08-09-2003, 06:45 PM
Hi Ya,

Me again - the Linux Beginner who likes to play around. This Forum is great - I installed the RealPlayer Plugin from via the Mozilla Plugin Page, but the sound just wouldn't play.

The I found the tip below:

If you have probs with the soundcard (running soundserver in kde), just start realplayer with:
Code:
artsdsp ~/RealPlayer8/realplay

But it works only standalone, not as mozilla plugin.

Well... there is a way you can make it work for the plugin - change the desktop link to Mozilla application and put
artsdsp mozilla on the execute tab... it worked like a charm for me...