PDA

View Full Version : PC hanging up after WLAN-Card has been configured

vbtricks
12-11-2004, 07:29 PM
Hi everybody,

I'm trying to configure my WLAN-Card (DWL-G650+) under Knoppix 3.7. After setting up the card using ndiswrapper and setting the ssid and key using the "Configure WLAN"-Menu-Item iwconfig returns a successfully set up wlan0, but some seconds later the whole machine hangs up and there's no other posibilty to switch power off.
Do you know what to do?

Thanks in advance,

Stefan

pureone
12-12-2004, 09:09 AM
could be a number of reasons. i get differnt effects with differnt wireless cards and drivers.

with belkin i notice that the machine will slow down completly and sometimes when i press a certain key it gets stuck and keeps pressing it. this happens alot when i do iwlist scanning it keeps pressing enter over and over again. with my linksys card and the drivers i get a total freeze and i have to turn off my computer.

make sure for 1 thing that you are loading the drivers from the /mnt/hda1 or what ever harddrive you have them in. i noticed that knoppix reacts much better to this then when the drivers are on the desktop or running from a cd.

other then that i think its just the fact that knoppix and ndiswrapper will not always handle the driver files right. i notice that the system will crash alot because of the use of the wireless card like when trying to make it scan something or seting it up.