PDA

View Full Version : flonix usb 1.0 the usb desktop

juklkj
12-12-2004, 07:00 PM
:idea: Imagine a nomad desktop, with your OS, your favorite apps, your datas, compatible with ms windows file formats and windows apps with crossover office, all in a tiny USB flash drive :
it's flonix usb edition 1.0 :!:

I've bought one and I'me very happy with it, it works fine (some older computers need the boot cd provided).

Harry Kuhman
12-12-2004, 07:24 PM
......Ive bought one and I'me very happy with it, .....
I do have my doubts that you bought one, your post looks more like it came from the person making and selling these. Is there any reason to believe that this distro is any better or different than the many freely available small live linux distros that a lot of people have put effort into making freely available as downloads that users can install to their own USB devices? Ones that will not set people back an extra 30 euro?

garyng
12-12-2004, 08:22 PM
Since it use GPL stuff, only the first person need to pay the 30 EURO then can freely distribute it as well as getting the full source if desired.

juklkj
12-12-2004, 11:25 PM
Flonix is not available for download, only for purchase and people are already discussing whether this is a violation of the GPL.

http://www.flonix.net/ <-- Stolen Code Debates

Greetings,
probono

Source code of GPL soft seem to be available : http://www.flonix.com/article.php?id_article=66
It was ok for me.

juklkj
12-12-2004, 11:28 PM
......Ive bought one and I'me very happy with it, .....
I do have my doubts that you bought one, your post looks more like it came from the person making and selling these. Is there any reason to believe that this distro is any better or different than the many freely available small live linux distros that a lot of people have put effort into making freely available as downloads that users can install to their own USB devices? Ones that will not set people back an extra 30 euro?

with 30 euro (now 29.90 - 36.90 when I bought it), I've also my new USB 2.0 drive, so it's cheap.
The desktop is easier to use than other "live USB" and the system is really faster, incredibly faster. It's why I'm happy with it :)

probono
12-12-2004, 11:44 PM
with 30 euro (now 29.90 - 36.90 when I bought it), I've also my new USB 2.0 drive, so it's cheap.
The desktop is easier to use than other "live USB" and the system is really faster, incredibly faster. It's why I'm happy with it :)

No wonder you're happy if you are the one who sells it ;)

juklkj
12-12-2004, 11:58 PM
I'm not in this company.

Why are you so malicious with this linux os :?:
did you tried it, or do you criticize without know :?:

Because it's a nice OS and I like good technologies.

Harry Kuhman
12-13-2004, 01:35 AM
I'm not in this company.

Why are you so malicious with this linux os :?: ....
Not sure who this is addresed to. But as for my part in the discussion, I still suspect that you are the seller. You just registered here today. You had made 3 posts, all about flonix. One was this one which you started praising flonix, the other two were to very old threads that had not been active since September. In one of those you just posted a URL, in the other, as in this thread, you posted the flonix url. You have now posted 6 times, and almost always on flonix( I see you're making a few more posts on other topics now, but the conclusion has already been made, breaking the observed trend now does not disprove the original observation). You call people so malicious when they did what, question if the software follows the rules of the GPL that it takes it's intilectual property from? If you're not the seller, then I at least hope you can understand why people would suspect that you are. And if you indeed are the seller, then the "I bought one" approach says a lot about the honesty of who customers are dealing with.

Harry Kuhman
12-13-2004, 01:43 AM
Hey, juklikj, you know what else is interesting?

A total of 4 users have posted from your IP address. The other 3 are doudou, tuxweb, and knouser. And they all seem to be exclusively making posts about how great and wonderful flonix is, to the exclusion of all else! Thanks for calling this to our attention, had it not been for you people might have though there were actually several people here who legitimately liked the product.

Harry Kuhman
12-13-2004, 06:11 AM
But wait, there's more! While all 4 users that post from the same IP address all talk about how wonderful and impressed they are by this software, one user name actully responds to another in the thread "Flonix, it's really cool !". Can you see now why I have a problem in believing the things you say? And why I would question the honesty of a business that "markets" this way?

juklkj
12-13-2004, 11:09 AM
My apologies for theses pubs. Pubs are everywhere today :(
I am not the seller or in this company but I like their concept and product.
And I remain that your opinion about flonix usb edition 1 is wrong because you have not tried it and criticize :(
And they never violated the GPL license ( I have always seen the source code, even before the availability of the product that I waited so long).
Criticize without know and affirm that they violate the GPL without search, is what I called "malicious".

Once again, my apologies for theses pub in spite of me.

Harry Kuhman
12-13-2004, 12:06 PM
.....I am not the seller or in this company but I like their concept and product......
Boy, that is an amazing statement, because when I search Google with the IP address that you posted from, I get three hits, and two of them are in an archive of what seems to be a debian-knoppix newsletter. In one of these posts from your IP address, dated Feb 5, 2004, the poster, who gives his name as Florent BERANGER, uses this signature line: Flonix et votre bureau vous suit partout : followed by the flonix web address. In the other post made from your IP address, dated Jan 13, 2004, the poster from your IP address, also signing the post as Florent, makes the following statement as part of the post: I made the following patch, applied into Flonix distro, in order to detect more devices : .

But wait, there's still more! If one does a search on Google for "florent beranger", it returns over 1600 hits. Even on the very first page returned you have a link to this post (http://lists.auriga.wearlab.de/pipermail/dillo-dev/2004-October/002214.html) where someone using the same name as the person who posted under that name from your IP address states: I'm Florent BERANGER, from Flonix company.

So, juklkj, if that's your real name, you really should get the person who named flonix after himself to stop sending stuff with his name on it from your IP address.

By the way, how would you know that I haven't tried the product, unless you know who you sold it to? I never stated that I had not tried it. But it's not very reasonable for you to suggest that anyone who can critize your questionable use of GPL material should hand you over 30 euro first. And, for the record, I don't think I ever did critize the product. What I critized was a post made that stated "I've bought one....." that just didn't seem honest. You posted back your claim again and outright disputed what I said, so I did my homework and found much more proof to support my guess than I expected. I questioned your honesty and character, and the way you are trying to market this. The product itself was beneath my notice.

So you can claim all you want that you are not the seller or in this company , and I've bought one ....; but where I at first simply had doubts, now I no longer have any. And I doubt that anyone who reads this will have any either.