PDA

View Full Version : Amazing.

k57
12-12-2004, 11:24 PM
I tried Linux Mandrake 7.0 a couple of years ago and gave up in frustration after many attempts at configuring it. I am no geek.

Today, just out of curiosty, I looked into Linux again, and read a review on Knoppix... I downloaded it, burned it & popped in the CD... three or four minutes later (after ZERO configuration) I was connected to the net via Linux! Wowzers... :shock:

Now I just gotta figure out how to get the sound working, and I can install it to my HD permanently... too cool!!

firebyrd10
12-13-2004, 09:57 PM
I tried Linux Mandrake 7.0 a couple of years ago and gave up in frustration after many attempts at configuring it. I am no geek.

Today, just out of curiosty, I looked into Linux again, and read a review on Knoppix... I downloaded it, burned it & popped in the CD... three or four minutes later (after ZERO configuration) I was connected to the net via Linux! Wowzers... :shock:

Now I just gotta figure out how to get the sound working, and I can install it to my HD permanently... too cool!!

You may want to try putting in a alsa "cheatcode" ( don't ask me, thats just what they're called)

at the boot prompt type

knoppix alsa
There are a host of other cheatcodes, but from the sound of it you don't need them.

chris-harry
12-21-2004, 11:54 AM
for the HD install... its something like
sudo knoppix-installer, thats what i remember it... i'll check