PDA

View Full Version : Booting 3.7 issue...

rrfish72
12-15-2004, 04:10 AM
When I boot into 3.7(hd install) during the boot process it says it cannot load modules 2.6.8.1-10mdk no such file or directory. This is the enrty for my Mandrake install. It seems to be trying to get the correct knoppix modules from there and not from the knoppix place, where ever that is. When I try to do modconf to add certain modules myself, there are none at all there to load. How do I get it to load the knoppix modules and keep its nose out of the Mandrake modules? This also happens when I boot into RH9. I never got anything configured there yet anyway so that doesn't matter much.
I did add all of the entries into lilo myself except for the mandrake one, that is the lilo i'm using. Does it maybe have something to do with that? Any help appreciated.

no_name
12-16-2004, 06:57 AM
Since you say ANY help appreciated, here are some thoughts from a noob. When I used the Reiserfs system for Knoppix 3.7 I recieved a kernel panic message, even when I edited the Grub menu.lst appropriately in Mandrake. But when I reinstalled Knoppix with the ext3 filesystem (instead of Reiserfs) I had no problems booting.
:idea:

CrashedAgain
12-17-2004, 02:19 AM
When I boot into 3.7(hd install) during the boot process it says it cannot load modules 2.6.8.1-10mdk no such file or directory. This is the enrty for my Mandrake install. It seems to be trying to get the correct knoppix modules from there and not from the knoppix place, where ever that is. When I try to do modconf to add certain modules myself, there are none at all there to load. How do I get it to load the knoppix modules and keep its nose out of the Mandrake modules? This also happens when I boot into RH9. I never got anything configured there yet anyway so that doesn't matter much.
I did add all of the entries into lilo myself except for the mandrake one, that is the lilo i'm using. Does it maybe have something to do with that? Any help appreciated.

please post your lilo.conf. I had more or less the same thing happen except it kept wanting to load knoppix instead of mandrake. I thik the cure was to specify the whole path for the mandrake init etc even though I was told this shouldn't be necessary.