PDA

View Full Version : Problem writing to DOS file-system...

Bidi
12-16-2004, 03:15 AM
I have a HD installed Knoppix with 2 physical hard drives: hda, hdb. HDA is the Knoppix hard drive and has the basic partitions. HDB is a 1220MB HD with FreeDOS (W95 FAT32). There are also 2 partitions on hdb, a 1200 MB for the FreeDOS and a 20 MB for playing around. I'm trying to write some files to the hdb2 (20MB partition) and it keeps giving me the following error message: "Cannot create regular file <filename>: Read-only file system." I really don't know what's going on... How can I make this work?

Thanks

Harry Kuhman
12-16-2004, 04:23 AM
...."Cannot create regular file <filename>: Read-only file system." I really don't know what's going on... How can I make this work?Thanks
Knoppix by default will open a partition as read only (above all else, do no harm). You need to make it read/write. You can use the mount command from a shell. or you can right click on the icon for that partition and make it read/write under the actions choice in the pop up menu.

Bidi
12-16-2004, 04:57 AM
Thanks, I was trying to do that using the Permission tab under Properties. :oops: