PDA

View Full Version : Remove SuperBlock on device

timepilot
12-16-2004, 11:39 AM
I just installed knoppix 3.4 and it states bad super block on my DVD player. How do I remove the super block? I can't mount this device keep in mind I'm new to linux. :(

rrfish72
12-16-2004, 12:48 PM
Are you trying to watch a dvd? If you are then you need to open through a player like xine or kaffeine. You probably still need to configure the drive. The icon placed on the desktop is usually just a place holder should be deleted because it is a link to know where. You then need to create a new device by right clicking and choose what your creating. Go into K-->system-->info center-->scsi and see what scsi drive it is listed as. Then create a symlink through a console by doing ln -sf /dev/scd# /dev/dvd. Remember to choose the device in the tabs that drop down and say something like /dev/dvd (/dvd). You also need this from console:
wget http://download.videolan.org/pub/libdvdcss/1.2.8/deb/libdvdcss2_1.2.8-1_i386.deb
dpkg -i libdvdcss2_1.2.8-1_i386.deb

Do those things from console as root as you should be able to play a dvd through a player.
Hope this helps.

firebyrd10
12-16-2004, 09:43 PM
A super block a block that tells what type of file system to use. Basicly you need it.