PDA

View Full Version : I hate to re-ask a question but...

HiPpY
12-21-2004, 05:28 AM
Alright so here it is, I've got knoppix 3.6 up and running except for the sound.

Before I get directed to the other threads I want to say that, yes I did read them, and yes I tried booting with the alsa command.

My sound card gets recognized as Creative Labs SB Audigy. I think i may have entered the command wrong.

Help me please!

gnarvaja
12-21-2004, 06:14 PM
Alright so here it is, I've got knoppix 3.6 up and running except for the sound.

Before I get directed to the other threads I want to say that, yes I did read them, and yes I tried booting with the alsa command.

My sound card gets recognized as Creative Labs SB Audigy. I think i may have entered the command wrong.

Help me please!
Do you have any other hardware that my be creating conflicts? I had a web cam with a microphone that use to get detected as my multimedia hardware. Once I unplugged it, everything worked fine. Also, are you talking about a HD installation or running from CD? If it is a HD installation, you may want to configure it yourself instead of relying on the autodetection.

--GN

HiPpY
12-21-2004, 10:34 PM
Running from CD. The only hardware that I can think of would be my headset...

shah
12-22-2004, 06:23 AM
TRy alsaconfig, alsactrl and alsamixer.
:D

HiPpY
12-22-2004, 08:05 AM
those are?

shah
12-23-2004, 03:09 AM
Those are utilities that comes with alsa.
alsaconf - utility to configure your sound card using alsa
alsctl - utility to store or restore your alsa configuration, ex: alsaconf restore
alsamixer - mixer utility for alsa; sometime eventhough your soundcard detected by alsa but it didn't produce sound because the volume is set to mute.

:D