PDA

View Full Version : what do you reconmend please

badboy4life
12-21-2004, 10:36 PM
hi ive tried quite a few livecds and all seem to have a problem with alcatel usb speedtouch modems which is a pain in the ass as i want to get to know linux but cant cause this problem is in the way

does anyone know what livecd would be ok with the alcatel speedtouch usb modem as im not having much luck

there must be something out there without having to recompile parts which i dont understand how to do anyways

hope someone answers me before xmas as im real #$@#$ off with windows :P

thanks in advance badboy :D

drb
12-21-2004, 10:59 PM
Kanotix (Bughunter X Fix 2 is the latest) works out-of-the-box with the Speedtouch - there is a KDE menu item for either PPPoATM or PPPoE.

drb

badboy4life
12-21-2004, 11:11 PM
hi m8 where to get it please?

baldyeti
12-21-2004, 11:26 PM
Ever hear of google, uh ? www.kanotix.org

badboy4life
12-21-2004, 11:31 PM
thanks no need to be rude about it was there?

or are u always that way ? huh? :P

and yep i did google it and found it b4 u posted that response but thanks i spose

Harry Kuhman
12-21-2004, 11:43 PM
thanks no need to be rude about it was there? ...
You call someone rude, when you ask such a question? And when there are not only tools like Google available, but a search tool right in the top right corner of this screen? I don't think he was rude, I rather think he was trying to show you how to help yourself.

badboy4life
12-22-2004, 12:22 AM
hey this is a forumn its for asking questions im new here just like u were and i bet u asked questions like that anyways forget it i found what im looking for now so end of i guess

and im new to linux thus dont know the linux places to go

ill think twice about posting on here in future unless the question is an advanced one

Doctor
12-22-2004, 12:37 AM
Ever hear of google, uh ? www.kanotix.org

I think its the uh that made that rude, texttual tones and all that ;)

I guess noob friendly would be:

Using the all powerful force of google (http://google.ca) your answer is www.kanotix.org

ie be silly

no you dont have to, just throwing that in.

drb
12-22-2004, 08:48 AM
From here :

Download über FTP/HTTP:

ftp://debian.tu-bs.de/kanotix/KANOTIX-BUG-HUNTER-X/KANOTIX-BUG-HUNTER-X-2004-FIX2.iso

cintra
12-22-2004, 11:04 AM
hey this is a forumn its for asking questions im new here just like u were and i bet u asked questions like that anyways forget it i found what im looking for now so end of i guess

and im new to linux thus dont know the linux places to go

ill think twice about posting on here in future unless the question is an advanced one

You're right.. you asked your original question nicely, so the curt "search" answer was uncalled for!

Btw, Kanotix may solve your modem needs but I would have a look around the forum first ref the kind of questions and answers, i.e. help, you may expect there.. single line questions and answers seems to be the norm.

regards

badboy4life
12-22-2004, 07:33 PM
u women and guys are great kanotix works just fine with my usb modem :D thanks very much for all ur help ive installed it to hard drive now

now im stuck on installing programs thou dcgui qt is what i want to install but dont know where to begin ill see if i can find something in the forumns

thanks once more

baldyeti
12-27-2004, 12:27 PM
or are u always that way ? huh? :P
I am afraid I am terse in my native language as well, and that is not english. Sorry if I managed to sound rude, but I only meant to remind of the obvious. While providing a link and answering your question, by the way.

single line questions and answers seems to be the norm
Suits me fine. Whereas the new trend here seems to be to spend more time commenting the tone of answers than providing technical insight. I doubt Miss Manners haunts computer forums, much less answers posts.

Anyway glad to read you got the modem working, and I hope you enjoy unix.

Happy new year and all that; I am off for good, now.