PDA

View Full Version : I´m sorry I´m dumb but,

hypershadow
12-21-2004, 10:46 PM
I have a swedish version version of Knoppix. only problem is that I speak english lol. There is a thing with flags from different contries in the bottom right and i was wondering if i could change the language to English? is that possible.

rrfish72
12-21-2004, 11:09 PM
At the boot prompt type knoppix lang=us. If the keyboard is different there then it is knoppix lang)us where the ) is the =. Hope this helps.

Harry Kuhman
12-21-2004, 11:14 PM
I have a swedish version version of Knoppix. .....
Where in the world you got a Swedish version (if you really did) I don't know; the common versions are German and English. If it's Sweedish I don't know how much has been changed, but you might try the lang=us cheat code at boot time (enter knoppix lang=us at the prompt you get while booting). The thing is, I have no idea where the = sign is on a Swedish keyboard (it's not where a US person expects it to be when booting a German version of Knoppix), but if you can find it and get it to boot into English, you might be ok.

Quite frankly, I would suggest that you follow the Get Knoppix link at the top of this page, get a current English version of Knoppix (one that ends in en in the name, not one that ends in de), download and check the md5 sum, burn the iso file as an image (not just as an iso and not telling your software to make it bootable), and burn it at 4x (not as darn fast as you can make the CD burner go).