PDA

View Full Version : Kanotix-Bug Hunter X Fix 2 shut down problem?

12-26-2004, 12:49 AM
Has anyone had a problem with Kanotix-Bug Hunter X Fix 2 not shutting down but restarting even in windows?
My pc:
Desktop
256 Ram
P2 450
Windows 98

I tried knoppix and everything was find. I ran it for several weeks. I read in the forums that Kanotix is good for hard drive install so I tried it to see if it would work on my system. I ran it from cd like knoppix and I look around to see what programs were in Kanotix, and than when I want to shut down it just restart into windows. I tried to shut down from windows but the same thing happen the computer restarted. I tried several times and each time there was a restart. I had to pull the plug to get it to shut down. Now my computer can not shut down, it restarts and I have to pull the plug.

I ask people at Kanotix IRQ but they said to try a cheatcode apci=off. I tried that by running Kanotix again and it did not help. Someone else said that I might have change the bios but I did not make any changes to the bios. The programs that I start in Kanotix were:

Kcontrol
kinfocenter
supertux
some of the development programs

I do not thing that should have changed my bios in anyway. Does anyone know what could have happen and what I can do to fix it?

sakiZ
01-13-2005, 06:29 PM
I have the same problem running the Kanotix, CD. It's not even installed on the HD.

I have to manually turn the computer off after using it. So..... it's not going to be installed on MY computer.

Once I pull the CD out, and run Knoppix or XP from the HD everything goes back to normal.

Kanotix needs a little more work.

sakiZ