PDA

View Full Version : [ANNOUNCE] alsa support in knx-live-inst,kept with saveconf!

Fabianx
04-01-2003, 01:12 PM
Alsa support works ok!!! (So, audigy cards can be used with running knoppix!)

It does all work now!

Download from: (Thx, To Kai Lahmann)

http://www.linuxfaqs.de/knoppix/

Instructions for alsa:

cd ~
tar xzf knx-live-inst-0.1.tar.gz
cd knx-live-inst-0.1
./knx-live-inst.sh alsa

aumix # to set the volume to a higher level then 0

Then play some sound!

But now the best!

It does all work?

Then keep it that way. Just save your config to a hd or your usb-memory stick... (K, Knoppix, Configuration, Save Knoppix-Configuration)

Then start knoppix with myconfig=/mnt/<partition> or with just one config, myconfig=scan.

Alsa will automatically work. (Just finally tested it!)

Even better is that I'm allowed to add alsa-support to official knoppix, so when I'm finished, there will be the possibility to use it without compiling modules and downloading something and you will be able to start with alsa=<card-name> or alsa=scan and it'll work ;-).

Enjoy!

cu

Fabian

Yakumo
04-01-2003, 02:22 PM
fantastic =)
hope u guys can integrate it asap, then i just have to worry about nvidia drivers still :)
( 43.49 for linux came out the other day)

MattT
04-01-2003, 07:26 PM
Great news!!!
I finaly get sound. But any word on if or when this will become part of the Knoppix CD?

Fabianx
04-01-2003, 11:18 PM
Great news!!!
I finaly get sound. But any word on if or when this will become part of the Knoppix CD?

I finished work ony an alsa-autoconfig-script together with an knoppix-autoconfig patch just today.

I've already sent it to Klaus.

He said he needs to do some other release before, but I guess it won't take too long too include it.

You then only need to pass as cheatcode: "knopix alsa" or "knoppix alsa=<card>"

(alsa will build a db and then scan for suitable cards)

cu

Fabian

aay
04-01-2003, 11:53 PM
This is great news. I look forward to trying it out.