PDA

View Full Version : apt get f=prot

rockmead76
12-29-2004, 07:46 PM
apologises if this has already been asked but ...

I am in the middle of remastering my first knoppix 3.6 iso and have removed open office to give me some space, the first package I would like to install is F-prot but I cannot find it on the install list (apt-cache search .* | sort | less ). SO how do I install F-prot ?

I know it can be installed when knoppix is running but an internet connection is needed.

I have tried reading some documentation but it appears the document seciton of this web site is down :o(

Thanks inadvance.

UnderScore
12-29-2004, 08:48 PM
I would like to install is F-prot but I cannot find it on the install list (apt-cache search .* | sort | less ). SO how do I install F-prot ?
F-prot is not Free or Open Source Software and there is no Debian binary of f-prot. There is a contributed/not supported f-prot installer for Debian here http://packages.debian.org/unstable/utils/f-prot-installer. Fabian Franz wrote the Knoppix-Live Installer script that allows you to download and install the f-prot files. The script is /usr/sbin/knx-live-inst.sh and it uses the configs & install script located at /usr/share/knx-live-inst/modules/f-prot/.
I hope this helps.
James