PDA

View Full Version : Newbie question; Where are default cheatcodes stored?

sci_fi
12-30-2004, 04:01 PM
Hello:
I am learning the ropes of Knoppix remastering. My current simple effort is to produce a re-mastered CD with different default cheatcodes, thus eliminating the need for the user to type them in at boot.

with the documentation site down, I have been unable to determine where the default cheatcodes are stored.

Could someone point me in the right direction. Any other advice will be most gratefully accepted.

Thank you.

UnderScore
12-30-2004, 04:04 PM
To change the default cheatcodes:
Open up the remaster/boot/isolinux/isolinux.cfg file in a text editor and notice the second line. It is the second line that controls the default bootup behavior.
1: DEFAULT linux24
2: APPEND ramdisk_size=100000 init=/etc/init lang=us apm=power-off vga=791 initrd=minirt24.gz nomce quiet BOOT_IMAGE=knoppix
3: TIMEOUT 300

Maybe you don't want to detect SCSi devices or maybe you want to disable APIC, edit line #2:
1: DEFAULT linux24
2: APPEND ramdisk_size=100000 init=/etc/init lang=us apm=power-off vga=791 initrd=minirt24.gz nomce quiet noscsi noapic BOOT_IMAGE=knoppix
3: TIMEOUT 300

Then save it and exit the editor.
Now it should boot with noscsi & noapic by default.
I hope this helps.
James

sci_fi
12-30-2004, 04:09 PM
Thanks, James, aka underscore. That sounds easy enough. I'll give it a go today. Much appreciated.

sci_fi

Greg

sci_fi
12-31-2004, 05:22 PM
To Underscore:

Thanks again for the advice. Worked like a champ. Onwards.

sci_fi

Greg