PDA

View Full Version : Problems with KPPP/Dial-up

petrotraficante
12-31-2004, 05:27 PM
So I am trying to connect to a dial-up service provider with KPPP. I manually set up a new connection, and in the device tab I select /dev/ttyS0. I go to the modem tab, and "query modem". the query modem results show a table with several text boxes labeled ATI, ATI 1, AT 2, et, which are all blank (and so i'm wondering if this is indicative an error). I exit the config dialogues, and enter username/password for my new connection. "Modem Ready". Then, "Initializing Modem".....and this is where it hangs indefinitely :( . Why isn't my KPPP dialer able to progress pass this point?? HAPPY NEW YEAR!

nagaya
01-03-2005, 02:56 PM
I had the same problem.
Then I'm using WvDial to connect to my isp.
To configure it have a llok at /usr/share/doc/wvdial

Whish you all the best !!!

petrotraficante
01-04-2005, 03:32 AM
Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately, wvdialconf won't detect my modem. My modem works fine with Win XP...why can't I get it to work on Knoppix?

So I learned that my modem is on COM3, which corresponds to ttyS2. Using KPPP Dialer to either dial my provider number or simply query modem, I get a "Modem is busy" response. Any thoughts?

nagaya
01-04-2005, 04:34 AM
Your modem will be a winmodm.I'm also using winmodem Intel 537 in knoppix.
I installedd knoppix into Hard and compiled and installed drivers from www.linmodems.org.
My modem is also in COM3 in windows .
Now it is linked in to /dev/ham <- /dev/ttyS3 ..etc

Try at www.linmodem.org.

Can you give me the opuput of scanmodem program ??