PDA

View Full Version : Config loading problems

ladymoose
01-04-2005, 05:46 AM
When I went to use Knoppix 3.7 the other day, I tried to boot with the config files I had from when I used 3.6. I first tried:

Knoppix myconf=scan

as it's far easier to have it scan for the files than to remember the path. This didn't work, so I tried

knoppix myconf=floppy

This time I got the error that it couldn't be found. Feeling rather annoyed I posted on my livejournal and got the suggestion to try:

knoppix floppyconf

which worked and all was good. Knoppix-y goodness for me. :D

The problem comes now that I want to use my laptop. I copied the files from my flopy disk to my USB memory (which has worked before), and started using the conf=scan coce. To my dismay, it doesn't work, and /dev/sda and /dev/sda1 could not be found when I tried both

knoppix myconf=/dev/sda(1)

and

knoppix myconf=/mnt/sda(1)

It also can't be found and I've forgotten how to mount the drive manually. If anyone can suffest how to mount my usb pen manually, or how I can load the config files from it, that'd be great as I really want to get it working but I just can't figure out how to do it. :'(

eco2geek
01-04-2005, 11:57 AM
Which kernel are you running? In other words, are you using "knoppix26" to use kernel 2.6 or or "knoppix" to use kernel 2.4? "myconf=/dev/sda1" should work for kernel 2.4, but kernel 2.6 seems to have moved to "/dev/ubxy" (in other words, /dev/uba1 instead of /dev/sda1) for USB keys.

ladymoose
01-08-2005, 02:14 PM
Yeah, I've tried that, it didn't work. Also, I can't get the pen drive to work at all.