PDA

View Full Version : usb adsl modem problems

msmith44
01-04-2005, 07:48 PM
i have a sagem f@st 800 usb adsl modem and i cant get it to work, ive been through the adsl configuration, it only finds a network card, i set it up manually installing the usb support but still nothing, i have no idea what to do :?: oh and by the way, ive only been using knoppix for a few days, and im about to give up already :roll:

rrfish72
01-04-2005, 09:15 PM
When you configure network card, does it say broadcasting DHCP eht0 lo or some such? Did you configure My pppoe? Shut off after configuring everything and sometimes when you turn it back on it will recognize it. What else did you try to get it working?

msmith44
01-04-2005, 10:28 PM
yes it comes up with broadcasting DHCP eht0 then an error and asks u to manually select the drivers, cant configure pppoe because it will only detect the network card, not the usb modem im using, it will say is eht0 correct, i say no and it gives me a huge list of supported hardware, cant seem to find anythin in that list under the usb categories that make it work

rrfish72
01-04-2005, 10:38 PM
Use modconf as root to add other modules manually. Try the ieee1394 and the ochi1394 and maybe some others. Those 2 always seem to get my connection going. Also try pump as root to help get the connection going. pon (isp provider) will turn the connection on when it is established if it is set up that way.

msmith44
01-04-2005, 11:17 PM
i typed the ieee1394 did nothing, i downloaded the sagem f@st 800 linux drivers from there website...but have no idea how to compile them and add it to the list or the kernel usb driver folder, if there is 1

msmith44
01-05-2005, 10:18 PM
tried again lastnight to get it working, and again had no luck, think i will stick with windows

rrfish72
01-06-2005, 12:38 AM
Try Kanotix. It a derivative of knoppix and is pretty much the same except that it has better hardware detection and more available drivers built in. There is a solution to it though. Like alot of linux, you just have to get it configured if it is not automatically done. You can get that here:
http://ftp.fbihome.de/linux/kanotix/KANOTIX-BUG-HUNTER-X/KANOTIX-BUG-HUNTER-X-2004.iso