PDA

View Full Version : keyboard problem

bugsy
01-05-2005, 09:53 PM
im halfway through installing gentoo on my new pc ive read the installation guide and its telling me to type in a key .but im unsure how to get it??????its the straight line on the key next to number 1 above the tab key. as the install isnt finished im on american language

eon
01-06-2005, 05:59 PM
im halfway through installing gentoo on my new pc ive read the installation guide and its telling me to type in a key .but im unsure how to get it??????its the straight line on the key next to number 1 above the tab key. as the install isnt finished im on american language

There is no straight line symbol from the key you have indicated. "~" is the symbol for the key above the left hand tab key. Are you looking for
this symbol "|" ? That vertical straight line is below the backspace key and is produced by using the "shift" and aforementioned key together.
"|" hope this help if not then copy and paste from the terminal the symbol you are looking for.

Note the key itself does not show the vertical straight line on it instead it has two smaller vertical lines ( like a dotted highway marker line )

bugsy
01-06-2005, 10:38 PM
on my two keyboards it is deffernatly the ¬ ` key above left tab it has three symbols on it 1=` 2=¬ 3= the straight line you did??????????????????????????????