PDA

View Full Version : knofig edit w/ cheat codes?????

crashed
01-05-2005, 10:06 PM
Hi I am trying to install knoppix 3.7: 2.6.x kernel to a compaq professional workstaion 8000 quad ppro and am having some difficulties so I was wondering if it was possible to pass along some of those wonderful cheat codes to the .knofig file. I don not see any notes there giving the ability to do so but one must ask. any help would be appreciated.

Cheers

scruffyeagle
01-14-2005, 05:37 AM
Hi I am trying to install knoppix 3.7: 2.6.x kernel to a compaq professional workstaion 8000 quad ppro and am having some difficulties so I was wondering if it was possible to pass along some of those wonderful cheat codes to the .knofig file. I don not see any notes there giving the ability to do so but one must ask. any help would be appreciated.

Cheers

Hi!
I saw that it's been a while since you posted this, but nobody responded,... So, even though what came to mind isn't anywhere near certain, I thought I'd pass this along to you. I'd had a language issue, and someone suggested I edit the /etc/init.d/knoppix-autoconfig file to change "de" to "us". As I'm sure you can see, this is an alternative to using "lang=us" cheatcode during bootup. What I'm thinking, is that perhaps some of the cheatcodes you'd like to use in .knofig might not be well placed, if put into the knoppix-autoconfig file?

As I said, I'm not at all certain this is really a solution which will work for you - but, it's at least something you can try, eh?. Good luck!

crashed
01-14-2005, 02:39 PM
Hi Scruffyeagle,

Thanks for the tip I will look into the idea I think it has merrit and may be possible to add other cheat codes there as well. I really like Knoppix as a live cd and am now using it as a installed system for testing and building a LFS (Linux from scratch systerm in the hopes of learning a bit more about how the OS operates. Anyway thanks again for the post.

Crash