PDA

View Full Version : hdd install doesn't keep my config

Scottoo
01-06-2005, 12:45 PM
Hello,

When i boot using the live CD (Knoppix 2.7) everything goes fine on my Dell D600. But When i install it on Hdd i loose network, usb support language (ok not so important this).

I have used knoppix-installer with the tow options in configuration : beginner and knoppix, and both have the same end ...

So how can i set the same configuration as with live CD auto config?

Or if you have a good tutorial :)

Thanks!

Scott

mmaki
01-07-2005, 04:39 AM
I have seen HD installs lose network settings so I add a dhcp entry to /etc/network/interfaces

auto lo eth0
iface lo inet loopback
iface eth0 inet dhcp

rrfish72
01-07-2005, 07:00 AM
Part of the fun of linux is learning it. A few tweaks here and there and you will be right back to where you were. This is normal that a hd install does not have everything configured.
To get your network going try configuring the network card in the K menu-->knoppix-->network/internet-->network card configuration. Sometimes you have to do it more than once to get the connection started, at least with mine after a fresh install (dsl modem). Until you see auto lo eth0, that's when I know my network is up.
What type of usb support are you talking about?
The lang can be changed in the lilo.conf append line by changing the lang=de or whatever to lang=us if you want english. I think there is another place to change it but I never had to, the lilo.conf change was good enough. Hope this helps.