PDA

View Full Version : About VMware Tools,Thanks!!!

NicoS
01-07-2005, 10:15 AM
I'm using Knoppix in VmWare under windowsXP.
After creating a persistent home in sda,when I wanna Install VmWare tools,things go wrong...
afer clicking the " Install VmWare Tools " in VmWare memu bar, everything on my desktop just disappeared!!!(and the task bar...)
Please help T_T.....

UnderScore
01-07-2005, 04:38 PM
Have you checked this http://www.vmware.com/support/ws4/doc/new_guest_tools_ws.html? You said
everything on my desktop just disappeared!!!(and the task bar...) . If the Knoppix desktop & KDE taskbar disappeared then you are not installing the tools properly. You need to install VMWare tools for linux in a text mode & not in a graphical dekstop mode. Check the link I provided.
I hope this helps.
James

NicoS
01-09-2005, 03:35 AM
Actually, I did run the installer in the KDE graphical desktop mode at first tme. but it worked.
I saw a cd-rom icon appeared on the desktop, and some scripts in that new appeared drive. So after reading readme I run the scripts in the console.But it reported some errors, I just cant remember...
later, I 'v found that newly installed vmware tool didnt work, so I tryed again(click the menu Item in the vmware menu). Uper things happened.....
T_T.....

I'll try again later, following the instructions from the link you posted.
Thanks!!!