PDA

View Full Version : Linux_Newbie's and Another Burning issue

Linux_Newbie
01-08-2005, 04:10 AM
Hi guys,
Sorry if this is another dull posting. But as a Linux Newbie I found I had a few problems getting Knoppix to boot from my CD's I was burning. After many trials and errors several CD's later and much searching around eventually worked out what the problem was. I had WinRar installed on my system and the ISO file I had downloaded was showing it as a WinRar File. As a Noob I mistakenly extracted the files thinking they were compressed and tried making bootable discs with the files to no avail.
Any way I sorted out the problem and have created a Tutorial on how to burn these discs Step by Step with detailed images for anyone that is interested.
Hope this is O.K.
See what you think and let me know. Constuctive comments please. Thanks :)
http://www.rocketfodder.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/MySite/Burning_Linux_Live_CD's_With_Nero_page1.htm

firebyrd10
01-08-2005, 05:07 AM
Pictures are always nice. :D

Good job.

UnderScore
01-08-2005, 06:53 AM
Your page is useful but requires the flashplugin to be installed. I do not use flash on firefox at all, so the only way I was to properly view the page was to copy the URL into IE & then it worked. Please consider using GIFs or PNGs instead of flash graphics.

chris-harry
01-08-2005, 07:07 AM
*claps* that a very good done job for a newbie... oh by the way... nice way to lay out the picture... *thumbs up*...

Linux_Newbie
01-08-2005, 11:25 AM
Your page is useful but requires the flashplugin to be installed. I do not use flash on firefox at all, so the only way I was to properly view the page was to copy the URL into IE & then it worked. Please consider using GIFs or PNGs instead of flash graphics.
Hi I was aware of using Flash buttons and I too use Firefox on my Windows system although I did download the plugin, was there any particular reason you do not use Flash on Firefox? If it creates too many problems for people I will perhaps change the buttons to GIF's. (I have just changed the pages to use Gif's just in case) :)

bigpaul
01-18-2005, 05:00 PM
WOW thanks for this. I have been tearing out my hair!!!!!

I am in the linux world!!