PDA

View Full Version : Problems apt-get install attempts

floydian1
01-09-2005, 02:59 PM
I'm have been attempting (unsucessfully) to apt-get install both firestarter or guarddog. I've run apt-get update and I also
see that both guarddog and firestarter show up in apt-get cache search firewall. What continues to happen is a series of
404 errors when attempting to connect to the appropriate ftp servers after starting apt-get intall. Is there some modification necessary to my source.list to suceed ?

I've running a HD install of Ver 3.3 with 2.4 kernel. If there is more info need to appropriately respond let me know.
As usual, the answer will probably be mind-numbingly simple. I am still on the upslope of the learning curve ! I'm just glad to have sucessfully managed to accomplish a HDD install with the help of patience and good natured reponse of those in the Knoppix/Linux community.

Shine on You Crazy Diamonds !

mimes
01-09-2005, 04:57 PM
Personally, I would go with firestarter. It is simple and straightforward, and it looks cool! Now, you should really use a *.deb package, it is much easier to use. Here's the link: http://packages.debian.org/stable/admin/firestarter .