PDA

View Full Version : Custom Floppy

gatzke
04-02-2003, 05:09 PM
After a couple of hours trying to figure out DVDs with knoppix (then finding that someone wrote a script the day before in a different forum...) I have another question-

Can I make a boot floppy that will boot knoppix and include a set of command line options without remastering an entire disk?

I usally have to boot with: knoppix wheelmouse lang=eng noapic noapm

Ideally I should be able to include configuration scripts on the floppy as well, so that I can automatically install libdvdcss and others using a nice script :-)

Thanks!

RockMumbles
04-02-2003, 07:59 PM
If you look into syslinux.cfg (I'm going from memory) you will see the appends = " ... ... ..." line, that's where the boot parameters, cheatcodes go.

You'll have to look and see if there is a boot.sh or init.sh on the floppy for your script.

HTH

rock

L2Cache
09-09-2003, 04:09 AM
I don't have much hard drive space on my windows laptop, so I leave the knoppix CD in and boot it from floppy when I want to use knoppix. I wanted my cheat codes in the floppy so they would auto load. I use myconfig=scan home=scan noeject screen=800x600. The noeject keeps the CD tray from popping out when I shut down knoppix.
So, I edited the Syslinux.cfg file on the boot floppy in a windows text editor and added my cheat codes to the default entry as so:

DEFAULT vmlinuz
APPEND myconfig=scan home=scan noeject screen=800x600 ramdisk_size=100000 init=/etc/init lang=us apm=power-off hda=scsi hdb=scsi hdc=scsi hdd=scsi hde=scsi hdf=scsi hdg=scsi hdh=scsi vga=791 initrd=miniroot.gz nomce quiet BOOT_IMAGE=knoppix
TIMEOUT 50

I changed the timeout to 50 from 300 so there would only be a 5 second delay before knoppix boots. The custom floppy works great.