PDA

View Full Version : School Use?

toxic
01-11-2005, 01:26 AM
Hey everyone. I am new to the forum's and well I use an edited version of knoppix. Whoppix is another tool you could use to "hack" from the pentest areas. Now I am 14 years old. Last year I was charged for hacking the school and changing grades therefore, sent to court, and had a trial. :( Enough about that. This morning, I brought my Whoppix 2.6 boot disc to school. Last period we had a shot to goto the computer lab and finish our essays. (Mine was on Tupac Shakur :D) But, Instead of doing that, I inserted my boot disc. Our school doesn't have a boot password therefore, I ran the cd. The normal boot things came up, and I loaded Whoppix. The only thing is that I don't know how to run the exploits and such. Yes I Know somewhat of the commands like listing and how to use nmap. But not anything else. Can anyone give me a breif tutorial on how to run these?

bfree
01-11-2005, 04:03 AM
I sincerely hope that you will receive no advice here!

Even if you have received permission from your school to try and break into their network (and it's clear you have not) any advice given to you here would also be available to anyone else who has no permission or the sort of intentions which lead to your previous trial (or worse).

Are you really naive enough to expect anyone to reply to this (perhaps you are given your previous journey into the legal system) or are you actually simply a MS employee trying to plant evidence that free software is evil.

Learn your lesson and stop before you get expelled, or worse!

green1
01-11-2005, 04:07 AM
I'll say what I am quite sure a few adults around here are thinking.

No way kid!

I will not contribute to any possible trouble you may or may not get yourself into.

Shadda
01-11-2005, 04:47 AM
My response is plain and simple:

HAHAHAHA

Seriously. Take a look at what you're asking. You wanna play teh m4d h4xx0rzz at school. That's just....Pathetic.

I'm new here but if the amount of intelligence i see in this forum is any indication, you will recieve no help regarding your question.

Second, I was in school once, too. General rule of thumb, If you're gonna change some grades, Don't change your own. Common Sense? I'd have thought so.

pureone
01-15-2005, 03:28 AM
http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=i+need+common+sense&sourceid=mozilla-search&start=0&start=0&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&client=firefox&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:unofficial

maybe this link will help

Detonator
02-03-2005, 07:25 AM
to be honest man, i agree w/ everyone who's posted. no one will give you advise on this. trying to look like t3h m4d h@ck3r doesnt mean u might be one. of course in time if you decide to learn about it then that is your decision, but just to let you know that for legal reasons no one will....so just give up & learn this on your own. like some one already posted..... "USE COMMON SENSE". if you already got sewed & went to trial...then i'd say you'd somewhat know what you're doing.... usually ppl learn from their lessons... maybe you should if you "went to court".

Kowood
02-25-2005, 10:12 PM
Unlike all the old, staunchy squares on this thread...I support you!!! Hack the school! Hell, yes!!! By the way, what was the verdict of the trial? What was the sentence, if any? I wish I could do stuff like that....

Shadda
03-14-2005, 12:36 AM
Staunchy Squares? No, more like adults with more than an ounce of intelligence in their heads.

A quick note, "guessing" a password, or much more likely, reading it on a postit left by mr. teacher-person, does not count as hacking.

Please also note, that so called "hackers", people that seek out exploits in order to well, exploit them, are lowlifes. In fact, the great majority of them HAVE no life. Consider how you'd like your future to turn out, if you get kicks on vandalising systems in place to help other people. People who find exploits in order to fix them are quite different. These are people who actually took the time to learn their skills and the knowledge it takes to find potential security hazards, and use it to actually help the situation. They have my sincere respect. Little pricks that like to go around asking how to h4ckz0rz do not.

You'd have thought this kid would have learned his lesson after going to court because of some stupid thing he did (And seriously, It's very, very stupid. Changing your own grades on a, yes, government system (Public schools are.) is just absolutely retarded.).

I hated school too, and yes, I broke into their "system" many, many times, But I never did anything malicious. Not because of any lack of balls, simply because I could see consequences that I'd rather not face had I done so.

Kiniyen
03-14-2005, 04:01 AM
This punk isn't really a hacker, hes just saying that cause he thinks it would be good bait to sound like he has hacked before so he could learn to really crack. It is really a good thing that the people here are smart enough to not tell him. I cant seem to find a single case of a 14 year old hacking ANY dallas schools.

Crenn
03-21-2005, 02:22 PM
This sort of sounds like the people bugging me at school to hack the system so they can play games. Like I'm going to risk my education for some selfish prats. And I helped get rid of the games because I was sick of them annoying me when they got their games deleted and I had the only copy.

Those type are people have no brains(or brains have been relocated lower down) and know bugger all about linux/windows/computer/anything. I use Knoppix on the school systems when the network goes down and I need to catch up on work.

Kiniyen
03-22-2005, 02:57 AM
This sort of sounds like the people bugging me at school to hack the system so they can play games. Like I'm going to risk my education for some selfish prats. And I helped get rid of the games because I was sick of them annoying me when they got their games deleted and I had the only copy.

Those type are people have no brains(or brains have been relocated lower down) and know bugger all about linux/windows/computer/anything. I use Knoppix on the school systems when the network goes down and I need to catch up on work.

what the hell..... no "Hacking" is required to play games on a school system cause the school has no way of stopping someone from installing or running them.

jmort
03-23-2005, 07:42 AM
I feel the need to comment on the moral character that those of you on this forum have demonstrated. Sometimes I feel like the quality of people in this world consist of the sludge at the bottom of the barrel; however, the clouds that are inhibiting my view of the world have cleared a bit after reading the comments written to this wannabe hacker. Furthermore, I have a lot of respect for those of you who declined to assist this person and who approached the matter respectfully.

We are more likely to respect those who are respectful to us. Hopefully someone got through to this kid.

James

ghetek
04-25-2005, 09:28 PM
your school has cdroms? i was network admin at a school and my first self appointed job was to remove the cdroms (viva iso!) and to remove usb from boot.

hernan
05-30-2005, 11:20 AM
*sniff sniff* I smell a troll...

Islington
06-10-2005, 12:32 AM

what the hell..... no "Hacking" is required to play games on a school system cause the school has no way of stopping someone from installing or running them.
My school system does, I have no idea how, because I dont know must programming and stuff, but to install a request is sent to admins comp, and he/she has to approve it.(I know this because this is what the librarians told us, warning us about the dangers of the internet and leaving with books)

chris-harry
06-10-2005, 08:58 AM
My school system does, I have no idea how, because I dont know must programming and stuff, but to install a request is sent to admins comp, and he/she has to approve it.(I know this because this is what the librarians told us, warning us about the dangers of the internet and leaving with books)

um... www.plannetsourcecode.com, you can download other peoples code, read it, and see how it works... breka it down and that... or google, programing + (programming language you want to learn)...

you dont really need to learn how to program to use games... but seriously... why do people think that all who use linux, hack??? well kid... i dont hack... :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: thats shocking!!! and your admin aint smart if you can boot from cd... haha, really stupid..

your school has cdroms? i was network admin at a school and my first self appointed job was to remove the cdroms (viva iso!) and to remove usb from boot. some of our new ones have dvd duel layer burners... i recon they stole them... but shh... dont tell anyone...its a secret

what the hell..... no "Hacking" is required to play games on a school system cause the school has no way of stopping someone from installing or running them. sorry but your WRONG!!!
BIG TIME WRONG WRONG WRONG!!! our school has just done that... the guy programes lots... and well, if you bring a USB stick to school with music and plug it in, all your music goes (apart from if you have write protection on it), all *.exe extention files have been blocked, apart from the select few... (its all in the pollicies), but what ever you do, dont tell anyone else...

the word HACK! is, well, too open ended... i wouldnt call bending the computers rules on a LAN network hacking, just BREAKING the rules... :D:D do you get me joke... i had to pull that one... hehe... had a bad day at school... :(

AND WHY HACK SCHOOLS??? come on, their poor, leave them alone... their is nothing to gain, hardly any security... faulty stuff... flooding computer rooms... programing classes with out any programming tools...

One little tip, hacking school network to play a silly game isnt cool... finding out how to play microsofts office game, now thats fun... :shock:

norsegod9999
12-25-2005, 06:47 PM
You're basically asking to get expelled, you know that right? I'm a freshman to and could get admin acess if i wanted to but i would be a total idiot if i did, i would probably get caught and expelled.