PDA

View Full Version : Can't find floppy disk !!!

brunomfpaula
01-11-2005, 04:15 PM
I'm a beginner in Linux OS, and i'm trying to learn it whit KNOPPIX 3.7 live CD.
I finished configurating my sytem like video, keyboard, etc ... and i,m trying to save it in a floppy disk since i know it's possible.
But when i "click" in "save configurantions" nothing happens !!!
them i try to acesses the floppy by the icon in the "desktop" and it says tha he can't find the floppy.
I tryed to rum the auto mount again like a saw in this forum but it still don't work !!!

If someone could help me i would apreciate it!
Thanks anyway.

------------
Bruno Marques
------------

rrfish72
01-11-2005, 04:29 PM
The floppy icon, along with the cdrom icons are usually just place holders and need to be deleted. You then have to right click-->create new-->devices - then choose floppy. Another tab will pop up that will allow you to choose /dev/fd0 (/mnt/floppy). Once you create the correct link to the device then you can use it. The same with the cdrom and dvd drives.
Hope this help.

brunomfpaula
01-11-2005, 04:35 PM
I saw it from one of your topics but when i try, a window appears but it stays in 0% !!!
Nothing happens at all ...

-----------
Bruno Marques
-----------

rrfish72
01-11-2005, 04:45 PM
Sorry, you're running live cd - in that case the link should already be set up. Do you have a disk in when you try to mount it? And what does but it stays in 0% !!! mean?

brunomfpaula
01-11-2005, 04:55 PM
when i try to mount it like you said ... the error is:

COULD NOT MOUNT DEVICE
/DEV/FD0: INPUT/OUTPUT ERROR
MOUNT: MOUNT POINT/MNT/AUTO/FLOPPY DOES NOT EXIST

the original icon says that it can't find de floppy too ...
knoppix are not recognizing my drive?

I don't know what to do, so, wait replys

rrfish72
01-12-2005, 04:07 AM
Your mount point should be the same as what is in your fstab. Check your fstab to see what it has. It should be /floppy. This is what mine looks like:

/dev/fd0 /floppy vfat defaults,users,noauto,showexec,umask=022 0 0

mkdir /floppy to make the new mount point.

brunomfpaula
01-12-2005, 11:51 PM
I "found" my floppy disk but, to do that a mount a new device that points to "mnt/sda"; i didn't understand, he thinks it's a hd partition, i'm new on that but i'll try to do what you did.

Thanks.