PDA

View Full Version : Knoppix Demo CD and Music CD's ?

samwisegamgee
04-02-2003, 08:29 PM
Is there a way to play Music CD's once Knoppix & the KDE desktop have completely loaded?
On my company's Dell, there is only one (1) CD-ROM drive.
The Knoppix Demo CD will not eject to allow replacement with a music CD. :-(
The three (3) Ogg Vorbis files that come with Knoppix 3.1 really do rock, but are starting to bore me with repeated play. ;-)
Otherwise, Knoppix 3.1 is awesome.

VeeDubb
04-02-2003, 09:59 PM
To the best of my kowledge, the only way to do that is with two CDroms. Knoppix won't let you unmount the knoppix CD untill you hlat the system. The better idea is to just do a hard-drive install and then you have the world easiest to install debian. At least the easieswt to install I've ever seen.

samwisegamgee
04-03-2003, 11:48 PM
Too bad it's a company machine. (I could get into serious trouble installing Knoppix on the company's Dell.) :-(
However, thanks for the response VeeDubb. :-)
I have created a sub-sub-directory on the Dell HD with many MP3 files in it. :-D

orang55
04-09-2003, 04:19 AM
Rip the CDs to your windows partition.

VeeDubb
04-09-2003, 04:46 AM
Also, you could always get an external CD rom drive that connect USB and use it. Of course, then you have to buy an external CD rom drive, but It might be worth it you.

RockMumbles
04-09-2003, 05:37 AM
Or run the knoppix cloop file (~700MB) from your windows hd, and leave the cd free. If you are interested in this look in the wiki.

rock