PDA

View Full Version : What is wrong with my Knoppix?

felixious
01-14-2005, 12:36 AM
I have Knoppix 3.6 on one of my machines. I have no problem using it with Samsung SyncMaster 191T LCD monitor however, when I connect the machine to ViewSonic2+ or Packard Bell or Comppaq, and some other monitors, every thing is blurry with lots of lines on it after the initiation of hardware dedection and so on is finished. Paradoxically, I have no video problem when I use my neighbor's 14" IBM monitor. What is going on?
Any help or suggestion is appreciated.

PS: I have tried the same thing with Red Hat. Unfotunately, with the same result.

felixious
01-16-2005, 09:15 PM
Come on guys. It has been 3 days and no replys.

Crusader
01-16-2005, 09:46 PM
I don't know what kind of monitor you have, but it sound like the others are unsupported? Or maybe the refresh rate is too high/low? Another possibility is widescreen monitors, in which case it might be drawing half the next line at the end of the current one.
The only thing I can think of is to check and see what it's being detected AS, and if switching to a console (ctrl-alt-1) makes a command line at all visible. From the command line there are probably some things others could suggest you try, like looking at your /etc/X/xfree86.conf file