PDA

View Full Version : NOO-B Graphics Driver Installed?

daygo140
01-14-2005, 04:27 AM
I used "kxconfig" and changed the vid card so I can get a 800X600 resolution instead of a 640X480. I changed the resolution to 800X600 in the kxconfig and it said i need to rerun KNOPPIX to get the changes. I'm booting KNOPPIX on a PC that isn't mine, it didn't seem to save the settings even though it confirmed the save. I rebooted and went to Control Center and the only resolution choice is 640X480, nothing changed. I used the generic vga driver since the integrated intel card wasn't in the intel list.

How do I go about getting the resolution issue resolved?

Does the Mozilla Firebird cookies and internet files get saved to the hard drive, if so how do I go about deleting them?

daygo140
01-15-2005, 01:11 AM
HELP!!!

firebyrd10
01-15-2005, 03:53 AM
When it says it saved, it just saved to the home folder which is deleted on reboot, same with mozilla files.

You need a saved config or PH to save changes.

CrashedAgain
01-15-2005, 05:32 AM
Like firebyrd10 says, if you are running from CD you cannot save a configuration unless you install a 'persistent home' on the computer HD. But you just might be able to get the video configuration you want to work by selecting 'end session only' instead of shutdown when you log out. This will restart the X server which might then start up in the new video configuration.