PDA

View Full Version : qparted and hidden partition...

lilguru
01-15-2005, 11:41 AM
I have installed knoppix on my laptop, and all is great! I am now at my "main" computer (dell desktop) have qparted the drive and was able to create a nice swap for debian. (Dual boot computer) The main 8 gig parition is labeled "hidden".

1. How do make the parition visible so that I can write to it?

2. Beside the point a little, I've downloaed a netinst for Debian Sarge. Do you think that will be a reasonable install?

I thank you all for your suport, and wish to gain my skills quickly so that I can help others!
Lilguru

firebyrd10
01-15-2005, 04:18 PM
Right-clicking on partition should give you the option of unhiddening.

As for debian, yes that should be good.

lilguru
01-15-2005, 04:28 PM
firebyrd10,

Thank you for your reply,

When I right click, every command is/ has been greyed out for that parition. As soon as I created that partition it was automaticaly set as hiden fpr some reason. I still have my main windows parition, and all of those context commands are available, so I can hide/unhide ect that one.

I did not have this issue with my laptop, and I have used qparted several times. This is quite perplexing, but If I didn't want to be perplexed, I would be using windows.

Again, thank you.
lilguru

CrashedAgain
01-15-2005, 05:05 PM
use cfdisk instead of qtparted to set the partition type. qtparted seems to have a bug in it or something it will set partitions to hidden even though that's not what was intended. I once had by windows system on hda1 disappear that way.