PDA

View Full Version : Konqueror Settings

Ambrose
04-03-2003, 01:38 AM
What do I need to change so that I don't get asked if I would like to accept the cookies each time I reboot? Also, how do I set the "Warning: Your data is about to be transmitted across the network unencrypted" message so that it never ask's?

I'm sure there's a config file to edit somewhere...

Thanks,
Ambrose

aay
04-03-2003, 04:47 AM
What do I need to change so that I don't get asked if I would like to accept the cookies each time I reboot? Also, how do I set the "Warning: Your data is about to be transmitted across the network unencrypted" message so that it never ask's?

I'm sure there's a config file to edit somewhere...

Thanks,
Ambrose

I presume you are using the CD and not a installation of knoppix on the HD. If this is the case, you will loose your settings every time you reboot (since everything is in RAM) unless you save your settings to your your HD or to some other external media devide (floppy or usb memory).

To do this go to the KDE menu and then go to Knoppix, and run the script to save your configs. It's in one of the submenus.

Ambrose
04-03-2003, 07:17 AM
What I was asking was what files do I need to change/save while in the process of remastering.

Wirf
04-03-2003, 02:18 PM
I'm not quite sure of this, but i guess it goes something like this:

Boot Knoppix, set al your preferences
save your preferences to floppy
put everything that is on that floppy into the root of the new CD you are going to make.