PDA

View Full Version : newbie needs some help

dichiam120
04-03-2003, 08:45 AM
i have knoppix on a cd and i set up the bios blah, blah, blah. i have all of the normal things done without even putting in the cd...i shutdown the computer pop the cd in and let it boot up, the start up screen comes up and then it goes to the next screen with the penguin and it says-

PCI: Device 001:1F1: Not avaliable because of Resource Collision.

Knoppix thing right here I didn't write it down(not important)

Probing SCSI...A1C7xxx.0

i have a dell inspiron-
intel 4
1.60 GHz
256 MB of RAM
GeForce2 Go
8 MB
20 GB
CD RW

if you could help me it would be great thankyou.

you can reach me at my email- Dichiam120@cobleskill.edu thankyou

garyng
04-03-2003, 09:05 AM
you didn't mention what happen, my guess is it hangs there. put noscsi in the boot prompt. that is "knoppix noscsi"

dichiam120
04-03-2003, 11:18 AM
thankyou it works now

dano
05-12-2003, 09:23 PM
I have a similar problem at bootup. PCI device 00:1f.1 not available because of resource collision. I tried the "knoppix noscsi" without success. Previously I had "error only one processor found"
but "knoppix nosmp" fixed that O.K. but the above error still remains and the system goes through most of the boot/auto config process but just when the screen blanks before coming up
with the Knoppix desktop it hangs. The CD works just fine on two
other pcs I have access to although I haven't tried "knoppix testcd" yet.
System is a Dell Optiplex GX260, PIV, 512Mb, Radeon VE/7000, Western Digital 40Gb, Samsung SM-332B CDRW/DVD.

Any other ideas would be greatly appreciated....

Thanks, Dano

Dave_Bechtel
05-12-2003, 10:40 PM
--For resource collisions, you could try the ' pci=biosirq ' cheat code at boot...

i have knoppix on a cd and i set up the bios blah, blah, blah. i have all of the normal things done without even putting in the cd...i shutdown the computer pop the cd in and let it boot up, the start up screen comes up and then it goes to the next screen with the penguin and it says-

PCI: Device 001:1F1: Not avaliable because of Resource Collision.

Knoppix thing right here I didn't write it down(not important)

Probing SCSI...A1C7xxx.0

i have a dell inspiron-
intel 4
1.60 GHz
256 MB of RAM
GeForce2 Go
8 MB
20 GB
CD RW

if you could help me it would be great thankyou.

you can reach me at my email- Dichiam120@cobleskill.edu thankyou