PDA

View Full Version : Hyper-Sensitive Touchpad

Jameson
01-19-2005, 09:17 AM
Hey

Tapping seems to work fine with Knoppix 3.7 but the only problem is that its way to sensative when tapping and just flys around when even lightly brushed. I tried ksynaptics and a few other means of configuring it and also KDE Control center and all the adjustments I make have no effect. I've even diabled it and it said it was disabled and yet everything continued to work fine. Does anyone know of another way of adjusting sensitivity? It seems that it just ignores any programs attempets at adjusting it.

I'm using a Compaq Presario 2190US and its a Synaptic touchpad

Thanks!
Jameson

Markus
01-19-2005, 09:24 AM
Have you tried adding options to XF86Config-4 and adjusting them?
I don't use one but a quick google gives something like:

Section "InputDevice"
Identifier "SynapticsMouse1"
Driver "synaptics"
Option "Protocol" "auto-dev"
Option "Device" "/dev/psaux"
Option "MaxSpeed" "0.12"
Option "MinSpeed" "0.06"
Option "BottomEdge" "4200"
Option "SHMConfig" "on"
Option "LeftEdge" "1700"
Option "FingerLow" "25"
Option "MaxTapTime" "180"
Option "MaxTapMove" "220"
Option "FingerHigh" "30"
Option "VertScrollDelta" "100"
Option "TopEdge" "1700"
Option "RightEdge" "5300"
Option "AccelFactor" "0.0010"
EndSection

promet
01-19-2005, 09:55 AM
....what Markus said, also though I think you can adjust these, or the lower level parameters anyway, from the "KDE Control Center":

but you may need to resort to Markus' editing advice

http://freebooks.by.ru/view/RedHatLinux6Unleashed/rhl6u047.htm#Heading120

Insomnia... :shock:

Jameson
01-19-2005, 09:30 PM
Thanks for the replies!

I looked in XF86Config-4 and it didn't have any of the options you suggested I adjusted, nor did any other files in that directory...

I also checked the KDE control panel and though it allows me to adjuest all the settings it doesnt have any effect on the touchpad, as I said earlier I completely disabled tapping and it still worked..

Any other suggestions? I feel like I've got some sort of phantom touchpad.

-Jameson

Markus
01-20-2005, 06:17 PM
Actually I meant that you could add some options to XF86Config-4 if you didn't have any.
Try a google on the options, bound to find some useful confs.

promet
01-20-2005, 08:54 PM
Hmmmmm,

So, if after you made these changes, would you possibly have to reexamine the XF86Config-4 file to have it take affect perhaps, seeing as how we're using Knoppix and you can't simply restart the X-server to "re-initialize" the config file? Just a thought...