PDA

View Full Version : install HDD

legascon
01-19-2005, 11:01 AM
pc laptop toshiba satellite hdd 30Go proc celeron mobile ram 256 mo 2 windows partitions win XP 11Go unused
not knowing much in system I've trying with the help of a book knoppix 3.3 to install knoppix 3.7
first I used "cfkisk" to partition the 11Go spare space 1 swap 1 part for system and 1 part for home
after that I have edited file .knoppix to add my partition /home which had been formatted
instal had gone smartly pc rebooted and tried to start kde session that's where problems started

err mess (partly in french sorry I'm a froggy) :
un probleme est survenu pendant l'etablissement des communications inter-processus pour Kde. Le message renvoye par le systeme est :

//.DCOPserver_montosh_0

Veuillez verifier que le programme "dcopserver" fonctionne clic on "ok", new message

la configuration ne sera pas enregistree, impossible d'ecrire dans le fichier de configuration
//.KDE/share/config/kwinrc
impossible d'ecrire dans le fichier de configuration
//.kde/share/config/kdeglobals

if I log as root it'ok

i try to reinstall whithout any modifications just using qtpart for creating partitions I had the same problem

what can I do :?:

thks for ur help

CrashedAgain
01-20-2005, 03:37 AM
after that I have edited file .knoppix to add my partition /home which had been formatted...

I don't understand this part? What exactly did you edit? I think to add a separate /home partition you must edit the file /etc/fstab.

Try the install without using the separate /home partition & see if it goes OK.