PDA

View Full Version : Multiple apps run simultaneously with klik.cmg files

lilsirecho
01-20-2005, 06:54 PM
Changing fstab to ...users in /mnt/app entries...enables single click in archlinuxOS to enable multiple .cmg files to run simultaneously.

================================================== ==========================

Face the opposite way and you still face Mecca.......

bfree
01-21-2005, 12:01 AM
Changing fstab to ...users in /mnt/app entries...enables single click in archlinuxOS to enable multiple .cmg files to run simultaneously.
I'm just intrigued how you ended up without user in your /mnt/app entries in fstab. users should always be used (otherwise you need to be root to mount cmg files and hence run them)..

lilsirecho
01-21-2005, 12:25 AM
I entered the fstab files as provided by the wget download upon first accessing it.

My comment about mecca applies in this case....

I am sure you will find that users permits the root functions that I reported.

Prior to entering ..users.. instead of user....I was forced to use other techniques to get .cmg running. In fact, the permissions changed to user status and root was ostracized.

Please review your use of the terms to clear up the issue.

I do indeed use ...users..now to enable the root controls both in Knoppix3.7 and in archlinuxOS.

In archlinuxOS I have enabled cramfs in the kernel and use the fstab entries outlined.

I have at times enabled....mkdir /mnt/app... and chmod 777 /mnt/app as outlined in klik documents to obtain performance in the klik .cmg arena.

================================================== =============================

Asking questions may get you knowwhere!

bfree
01-21-2005, 12:40 AM
The correct format for fstab should be:

/mnt/app/1/image /mnt/app/1 auto user,noauto,ro,loop,exec 0 0
Can you explain what you are changing?

lilsirecho
01-21-2005, 12:43 AM
The term ....user... following ...auto .... becomes ...users.

================================================== =============================
When is a zero always equal to a one? No anwer yet!

bfree
01-21-2005, 12:50 AM
The term ....user... following ...auto .... becomes ...users.
Sorry I just couldn't see it the first time.

That's interesting, the only difference (according to man mount) is that "user" keeps track (in mtab) of who mounted the filesystem and only allows the same user to umount it, while users allows anyone to umount it.