PDA

View Full Version : Need some help :) thx

acchiang
01-22-2005, 03:35 AM
Ok so i have knoppix 3.4 and i did Knoppix Installer and installed it into my Harddrive, but as i restart and start. It doesn't go through. It goes to the screen where it lets me choose linux 2.4 or 2.6 which i did both and then it just goes to a black screen that says Loading LinuxEBDA is big ; kernel setup stack overlap LILO second stage. I tryed to install knoppix every possible way but that error doesn't let me go through.

Can anyone get me through?? plz :) thx

CrashedAgain
01-22-2005, 05:00 AM
I had this same error trying to install Kanotix on hda8 with lilo on the partition instead of on the mbr. Atre you trying to install lilo on the partition or on the mbr? If on the partition, try on the mbr.

With Kanotix I ended up installing grub on the partition then I booted into the HD install from the live CD with the bootcode 'knoppix root=/dev/hda8 noinitrd ro' then installed lilo to the mbr from to HD install & it went OK.

You can change the install options by editing knoppix installer configuration file .knofig (I think it's /ramdisk/home/knoppix/.knofig).

acchiang
01-22-2005, 07:43 PM
I tried installing Knoppix on both the mbr and partition but the same error came up... but i'll try your grub idea thx :)