PDA

View Full Version : Remaster EADZ

kurohyou
01-22-2005, 05:16 PM
Hi,
I used the remaster page from EADZ in the documentation section on this site for my own cd. I have a couple of questions about this.
A week ago I did a hd install of knoppix to my drive where I test some stuff. Today I read the remaster page of EATZ and i wanted to make
my own cd, so I followed the documents and made a new directory knx on my hd, copied everything that was needed. But I stopped at
chroot /mnt/hda1/knx/source/KNOPPIX.
My question is, when I boot with my hdinstall from last week, can I change then configuration files from there in my knx directory and backgrounds
ect.. for my remaster cd that I'm making or do I have to be in the chroot to work with them?
And later I changed the config files can I boot again with the cd and then chroot the enviroment to finish the process?
I hope someone can help me with this.
Thnx

kurohyou
01-22-2005, 10:07 PM
Someone, please :roll:

raj1478
01-24-2005, 09:26 AM
Someone, please :roll:
As you say that you are using installed version on harddisk. Then the changes you have so far to this installation should be preserved by now and by using the original CD, booting with it you can continue your work.

Regarding making changes in chrooted environment, you can make changes to the scripts, backgrounds etc. in any distribution not only through KNOPPIX (even after booting through your harddisk install) no need to chroot.

I hope it will help!!! 8)