PDA

View Full Version : GTK Compile Error

Jamesc359
01-24-2005, 02:04 AM
When ever I try to compile anything that requires GTK I keep getting this (or a similar) error.

checking for gtk-config... no
checking for GTK - version >= 1.2.0... no
*** The gtk-config script installed by GTK could not be found
*** If GTK was installed in PREFIX, make sure PREFIX/bin is in
*** your path, or set the GTK_CONFIG environment variable to the
*** full path to gtk-config.
configure: error: Unable to find Gtk+ with a version >= 1.2.0. Dillo NEEDS Gtk+
I did a search and found some stuff relating to a HDD install, but nothing that applied to me.
Currently I'm using a small (128MB) persistent home directory. So compiling or installing a newer version of GTK is out of the question for the time being.

Thanks for any help you can provide.
James

eon
01-25-2005, 02:54 PM
You can try setting your path, but in my experiance this error isn't really about that.
The last line in the output is telling you you don't have the correct version of GTK.

A quick and dirty way around this is to run ./configure with an added parameter to get it to stop
checking for GTK (do a "configure --help" when you are in the complier/dillo folder for the exact line )

Of course doing that may cause other problems or the program may just not compile but given your
options it something to try.

Jamesc359
01-26-2005, 12:37 AM
Thanks for the reply, but I think I've figured out the problem. Knoppix 3.7 doesn't seem to have the gtk-config script. I searched the whole disc and couldn't find it.

I guess they removed the GTK dev libraries to save space :( . Then again it might be a conspiracy...