PDA

View Full Version : Impossible to move or resize windows

paoloskater
01-26-2005, 02:13 PM
Hi all,
I'm using Knoppix from release 3.4. Now, on some installations I noticed that, after some days without problems, occasionally *all the windows* become "sticky" and I cannot move them or resize. I have to logout from KDE and then login again.

Did anybody experience the same problem? Has it something to to with XFree in non-framebuffer mode?

Thank you for any help!
Paolo

paoloskater
01-27-2005, 03:41 PM
Hi all,
I'm using Knoppix from release 3.4. Now, on some installations I noticed that, after some days without problems, occasionally *all the windows* become "sticky" and I cannot move them or resize. I have to logout from KDE and then login again.

Did anybody experience the same problem? Has it something to to with XFree in non-framebuffer mode?

Thank you for any help!
Paolo

It's not good practice answering your own questions, however, for people who can have experienced the same problem, it seems to be a bug of KDE.
Check cannot-move-windows-after-being-logged-in..., fixed in the CVS. http://webcvs.kde.org/kdebase/kwin/events.cpp?rev=1.83&view=auto

I know no workaround, any suggestion is welcome (instead of waiting next release of KDE...).

Kind regards
Paolo