PDA

View Full Version : Help mounting and unmounting partitions on desktop

LinuxCrusader
01-26-2005, 08:29 PM
I posted this like more than two days ago, but I guess no one looks at the place where I posted my questions, so I'm going to try here.

I have been using knopppix for about three months and I really love it the way and its easiness for letting me customize it and add new packages. I found it to be very stable most of the 95% of the time.
However, I have one issue with it that I haven't been able to resolve Confused
I need clear step by step instructions on:

1- how to set my hardrive and cdrom icons to be permanently located or mounted under one specifc folder on my desktop or whatever destination I may choose.
2- how to stop the disappearing of my preferred hardrive and cdrom image icons that I have assigned to these devices and prevent them from setting themselves back to default everytime everytime I reboot my computer.
3- and last, how to stop one of these devices from mounting or apperaring onto my desktop. In other words there is one specifc hardrive or partion that I don't want to show(mount) at all onto my desktop.

I have tried modifying and deleting some lines in the fstab, but it seems the it always go back to the its default modificatons. Thus, the lines that I delete or modified go come back to the previous way that they were before.

Please help with this and thank you in advance

Best regards,

LC

--------------------------------------------------------------
Knoppix 3.7 HD installed
Intel Pentium 4 2.40 Ghz
768 Megs of Ram