PDA

View Full Version : after hd install, my OOo is german. how do i change it to EN

lemuel
01-29-2005, 01:03 AM
Hello everyone, after installing knoppix to my hard disk. i found out that my open office is in german (i think. but im sure its a language other than english). how do I change it to english?

enboig
01-29-2005, 01:24 AM
to do so I uninstalled OO and reinstalled it with my home language pack; I didn't fount any other way

lemuel
01-29-2005, 02:02 AM
I was afraid you'd say that. thanks.

I was planning on remastering knoppix. is it gonna help if while still in the process remastering, I remove OO and then reinstall it again so that when I now install my remastered knoppix to another hd, it would automatically have english OO?

enboig
01-30-2005, 04:08 PM
never remastered knoppix, I have no idea. sorry

CrashedAgain
01-30-2005, 05:26 PM
I was afraid you'd say that. thanks.

I was planning on remastering knoppix. is it gonna help if while still in the process remastering, I remove OO and then reinstall it again so that when I now install my remastered knoppix to another hd, it would automatically have english OO?

It should work. Knoppix uses a 'special' Oo with english & german support, if you check your packages l;ist (original, on the CD), you will find some Oo-xxx-de packages, these are the german support. Oo as supplied with knoppix also does not have help files (to save space) so if you get rid of something else to gain some space then install the full Oo you will have help files on your remaster. !st candidate to get rid of: install localepurge, remove language support for what you dont want then. apt-get remove kde-i18n* to gain about 100 meg.

Also, edit /etc/init.d/knoppix-autoconfig to set the default language to en or us. Sometimes mozilla wants to revert to german too. Making the default lang en should solve this.

lemuel
01-30-2005, 06:21 PM
Hey!! thanks for the cool tip!

just out of curiousity... what's kde-i18n for anyway?

CrashedAgain
01-31-2005, 05:43 AM
i18n filesets (there are lots of them (i18n-de, i18n-cz, etc.) not just for kde but kde-i18n* will get most of them ) are language support files for alternate languages.

lemuel
01-31-2005, 07:25 AM
ok Thanks for your help. linux rules!