PDA

View Full Version : Cant Install Knoppix

kanexpo
01-29-2005, 02:27 AM
Hi,

I just downloaded the 3.7 version and burned it on a CD. Then i restarted and my computer is [boot from disc] already activated. however it didnt promt me for boot from disc.

Then i read the help file again and i saw that i should use the rawrite file in the Knoppix folder, however there is nothing there which is called rawrite!

I dont know what I did wrong, but please please help me guys.

Thnaks

Harry Kuhman
01-29-2005, 02:36 AM
It looks like the Wiki is down at the moment. When it comes back up read the downloading FAQ linked to on this page. (http://www.knoppix.net/wiki/Main_Page) If you qon't want to wait for it to come back up, there are a lot of posts with responses to them in the General Forum, the Lounge and the Microsoft users forum about exactly this issue. Try using the forum search feature with obvious words like "boot" or "nero" as search terms.

ryptyde
01-30-2005, 02:34 AM
I have just recently got the 3.7 iso from a Linux Format magazine DVD. I burned the image to a CD-R with DVDDecryter on a windows XP pc. The LXFormat DVD contains "essentials" such as rawrite,smart boot manager,etc to help with stubborn computers at boot time.

I am currently using the live CD on a box that I just installed FC3 on also. Maybe your download was corrupted and needs to have the md5sum verified?