PDA

View Full Version : blobwars

Markus
01-29-2005, 05:40 PM
Well, it's fun so I thought I'd mention it. http://www.parallelrealities.co.uk/blobWars.php
apt-gettable!

Cuddles
02-09-2005, 06:38 PM
Markus,

NICE :D

Well worth the almost 7.5 MB apt-get, plays like SuperTux, and just as challenging.

( I'm still waiting for the next levels from SuperTux, and it appears, after I can get through BlobWars, I'll be waiting for new levels on this one, as well :) )

Cuddles
07-08-2005, 03:53 PM
O M G !

If you like blobwars, try some of there other games... ( check out there link for ¨Products¨ )

starfighter is pretty cool, and easy to apt-get install...

Whereas, If you really want a ¨killer¨ stoot´em up game, try ¨Virus Killer¨ - the game currently does not have apt-get ability, but you can grab the tarball source, and compile it... One note though, you will probably NEED to apt-get install ¨almost¨ all of the SDL ...-dev packages. If you do a apt-cache search for ¨sdl¨, most of them did not come ¨standard¨ on my hard drive installed Kanotix... After you grab the SDL stuff... Compile was easy, un-tar the source tarball, do a make, and if you have all the needed .h header files that it requires for SDL, do a easy make install from a root Konsole - and BAM, you got a killer game...

Documentation for Virus Killer states that it SHOULD place a menu entry in Games > Arcade -=- mine didnt, so a trip into Menu Editor, and an entry for ¨VirusKiller¨ running the command viruskiller - and game play was off...

As a side note: SPOILLER FOLLOWS
Steve Sweeney, the guy behind Parallel Realities, tells me, he is working on Episode II for BlobWars - doesnt expect release till after Christmas though - so, all you fans of BlobWars, keep on the look-out :)

Ms. Cuddles

Markus
07-08-2005, 04:28 PM
doesnt expect release till after Christmas though Nooooooooooooooo.
Now I'm going to wait for it impatiently and here I was completely unaware of a sequel to blobwars.