PDA

View Full Version : How To Mount

Wassim
02-02-2005, 09:33 AM
Hallo All I Used To Have Windows And I Have A Partition That I Put My Files In It But Now I'am Using knoppix But I Can't Copy File Or Add Any Thing On My Partition Can Any One Help Me

Harry Kuhman
02-02-2005, 09:44 AM
Hallo All I Used To Have Windows And I Have A Partition That I Put My Files In It But Now I'am Using knoppix But I Can't Copy File Or Add Any Thing On My Partition Can Any One Help Me
It's easy to mount partitions in Knoppix (so easy one wonders why you even ask), but it is important to know what type of parition it is if you are planning on copying files to the partition. Knoppix should never be used to write to an NTFS partition, it will corrupt the partition. You should have desktop icons that you can mount any partition just by clicking on them. You can also use the mount command from a "shell". See "man mount" for full details. You can remount FAT partitions as read/write with the mount command or by the actions menu on the desktop icons, but do not do this for NTFS partitions. Knoppix will let you do it, but will destroy your NTFS partition in the process.

Wassim
02-03-2005, 03:59 PM
Man I Have An NTFS Partition Is Their Any Wany I Can Put Files And Delete But I Had Saw Every Time I Enter The Partition The Sine On Mount Apper On The Icon As If Their Is Auto Mount