PDA

View Full Version : Unsuccessful with gnucash and gimp

rozen
02-03-2005, 03:19 AM
I really like the idea of Klik. I am running with a hd installation of Knotix 7.
I really like the notion of installing self-contained applocations. I have had many
experiences where an updated library stopped an application from running; this happened twice last year with gnucash. Also, when I go from one version of Knoppix to the next, I have to reinstall a fairly large number of applications.

That said I have had trouble with several of the applications that I have installed via klik. Only two of five have been successful. The most important two to me were
gnucash and gimp.

gnucash download and set up OK but when I tried executing it, I got the message:

/mnt/app/1/usr////lib/gnucash/overrides/guile: line 8: /mnt/app/1/usr////bin/guile-1.6: No such file or directory
/mnt/app/1/usr////lib/gnucash/overrides/guile: line 8: exec: /mnt/app/1/usr////bin/guile-1.6: cannot execute: No such file or directory

Gimp would not download; the message was:

The file or folder /debian/pool/main/gimp/gimp-data_2.2.3-1_all.deb does not exist. Is there something that I can do to get around these errors.

Finally a suggestion, I would really like to see the download process be restartable. I live with a slow dialup line and expect that the cmg files to be quite large.

I am pleased with abiword. I moved the cmg file to ~/cmg and set an bash alias to "~/.zAppRun ~/cmg/abiword.cmg". Now I can invoke abiword with the command abi.

Again, I applaud your efforts.

probono
02-05-2005, 05:23 PM
Which distro are you using? (Kanotix includes both gnucash and gimp).

Greetings,
probono

probono
02-05-2005, 05:28 PM
/mnt/app/1/usr////lib/gnucash/overrides/guile: line 8: /mnt/app/1/usr////bin/guile-1.6: No such file or directory
/mnt/app/1/usr////lib/gnucash/overrides/guile: line 8: exec: /mnt/app/1/usr////bin/guile-1.6: cannot execute: No such file or directory

It's indeed a bug, you can fix this by:

klik://gnucash
ln -s /usr/bin/guile-1.6 /tmp/klik/gnucash/usr/bin/
mkcramfs /tmp/klik/gnucash/ ~/Desktop/gnucash.cmg

Greetings,
probono