PDA

View Full Version : Need Immediate assistance with recovering data???ASAP plz!!!

Detonator
02-03-2005, 07:50 AM
Hi i'm currently trying to repair a HP laptop, basically i keep on getting this phisical memory dump error. first i tried adding more memory but that wasnt the case. though i get to the Window's XP Home Edition boot screen. b4 it loads it just gives me the Blue Screen .....gotta love windows...... anyways right now i've tried using partition magic 8 recovery floppy disks(2) to see if there was anything wrong w/ the partition. turns out that there are cluster errors & one more error. sadly partition magic doesnt give me the option of fixing it. Right now i'm quite in a bit of a jam. the information that i've got on this machine is VERY IMPORTANT!!!! though i'm quite new to linux, i've used knoppix once or twice. i was reading one of the key features being "utilities for data recovery and system repairs, even for other operating systems"...how would i be able to do this using knoppix....plz the faster i'd be able to get this the sooner my arse will be saved. thx

db85
02-03-2005, 07:58 AM
same thing happened to me on windows xp but i had 2 hard drives, i couldnt get on my western digital raptor but i could access it through my other (dell) hd when i booted up both hd's. i used a friendly little program called Easy Recovery Professional, it gives you the option to check if there are errors, I really didnt bother to fix it because I just wanted to get my stuff and reformat the hd. it gives you the option to copy files or folders, pretty much anything from a damaged partition and putting it onto another hd.

Detonator
02-03-2005, 02:44 PM
would this program be able to boot up before windows? cause all safe mode's in the pc wont work, it'll just crash b4 it reaches it though you could select all the safemode options & then goto the window's boot logo screen