PDA

View Full Version : Huge Error, Linux and Windows unbootable !! HELP !!

Nantuko Shade
02-04-2005, 06:54 AM
Ok, since i'm not an expert, I'm gonna describe everything i did:
Hitted Del at Startup, then I hitted advanced setup -> First reboot CDROM, placed the CD in the rom, then hit F10 (save and quit). Then it rebooted and went dark and said:

" Couldn't open drive multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)
NTLDR: Cannot open drive multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1) "

Then i thought that the cd was broken or something and putted it out and rebooted, THE SAME ERROR AGAIN. Went to Advanced Setup again, changed the "first reboot" IN EVERY SINGLE WAY, AND ........
-> NOTHING, again the same Message, Went back, hitted DEFAULT VALUES, but the same kept showing....
WHAT CAN I DO ?????????????
HELP !!! PLEASE !!! I LOVE MY PC !!!! :cry:

firebyrd10
02-04-2005, 10:56 PM
I think you just did the right thing at the wrong time.

Changing those setting wouldn't effect booting from the harddrive.

An internal cable may just be loose (long shot though)

*edited* for a mistake the changes what I meant to say

Neo-Rio
02-05-2005, 12:00 PM
Simply changing the boot order settings doesn't cause your machine to get wiped. Don't panic.

The error message suggests that the machine is looking for windows in the wrong place.
That's kinda weird because you set the CD-drive as the primary boot device.
According to the message, your PC isn't trying to load from the CD...., but is trying to load from a second HD partition which obviously doesn't exist.

Go back change your HD into the primary boot device. Then go back and try setting the CD as primary boot device.
If you get the same error message, you might want to check that your CD drive is connected to your computer properly.