PDA

View Full Version : Install Knoppix 3.7 to HD

PTMuplink
02-06-2005, 06:25 PM
The new release of knoppix has confused me, for days i have been reformatting my computer and trying new commands to get the installation to work but all tries have failed, i have been told to use knx-hdinstall, Knoppix-Installer, and Sudo Knoppix-installer but all have not worked. It tells me the command does not exist so i need to know what command i need to use for knoppix 3.7 to install it to my hard drive. I really like knoppix and need it on my systems because it's simple to use.

Rouskis
02-06-2005, 07:00 PM
Type in console exactly:

sudo knoppix-installer

I just installed 3.7, it worked. If you use upper case letters it won't work.

A. Jorge Garcia
02-06-2005, 08:56 PM
Why don't you click <K><KNOPPIX><ROOT SHELL>

Then, in the shell type: knoppix-installer

and follow the instructions from there. Always works for me. I've been hdinstalling KNOPPIX on about 50 PCs every time there's a new ISO for years now!

HTH,
AJG

foamrotreturns
02-07-2005, 01:32 AM
the problem is that you're using capital letters. You have to type the command in without any capitalization at all.

PTMuplink
02-07-2005, 06:33 PM
foamrotreturns, you answered my VERY simple problem, i kept capitolizing knoppix. THANK YOU TONS.

foamrotreturns
02-07-2005, 09:41 PM
foamrotreturns, you answered my VERY simple problem, i kept capitolizing knoppix. THANK YOU TONS.
No problem! Glad I could help! I was a newbie only a few months ago, and I felt your pain immediately. Be sure to look into tab-completion too. It's the greatest shortcut ever made. When you're typing in a command, get the first 3-4 letters and then hit the tab key. If it doesn't complete the rest of the filename for you, hit it again and it will give you a list of all the files/commands that start with those letters. Continue typing till you get to the point where the filename/command is unique, and then hit the tab key again and it will complete the command for you. Cool, huh?