PDA

View Full Version : Changing Themes

Placebo
02-09-2005, 09:36 AM
Is it possible to change a theme and maintain the changes after reboot in CDROM based Knoppix?

CrashedAgain
02-10-2005, 05:40 AM
You can maintain your configuration through reboot only if you save configuration and/or make a persistent home. If you are using Win XP, save your configuration to a floppy; linux can write to NTFS filesystems (XP) only if you use 'captive ntfs'. Do a search here for 'captive ntfs' if you want to try this.

Harry Kuhman
02-10-2005, 06:42 AM
You can maintain your configuration through reboot only if you save configuration and/or make a persistent home. If you are using Win XP, save your configuration to a floppy; linux can write to NTFS filesystems (XP) only if you use 'captive ntfs'. Do a search here for 'captive ntfs' if you want to try this.
I hope Placebo has all of his data backed up before he tries this. In another thread (http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=16909) you point out that saving the configuration does not use captive NTFS. So if he remounts the partition, he is at risk (actually, he may be even with captive NTFS, but in this case at high risk).

Placebo
02-10-2005, 07:04 AM
Well, thanks :) But, in a fact I do know how to save changes, I do not know how to apply different themes to KDE (Knoppix 3.7 en) and to maintain them after reload. Like a demonstrational kit, Knoppix just MUST have such a feature. Newbies are simply hypnotized by charming and colorful KDE themes. That's the best feature to bring them to linux platform. However I do not know how to realize this. With hardinstall it is simple, but it is no more a Live CD!!.. Remastering is too odd by now. Anymore advices?